Upgrading to the latest Multilizer version
If you are using Multilizer Software Localization components in any old Multilizer version, please check the migration path here.
Upgrading from Multilizer 2007 - 2011 to latest Multilizer
- Simply open your existing Multilizer project in the latest Multilizer and you're done!
Upgrading from Multilizer 6.x to latest Multilizer
- Use the Mpr2M7p tool to convert the existing Multilizer 6.x to the latest Multilizer project format.
- If you don't have this tool, please contact support(at)multilizer.com to get it.
Upgrading from Multilizer 5.x to latest Multilizer
- Please follow the steps below to upgrade your Multilizer 5.x and 6.x projects to latest Multilizer. If you have a Delphi/C++Builder component localization project to update, check out Mpr5ToM7p tool
3 steps to quick upgrade
- Create a new project with Multilizer 2011. File->New... or File->New from template...
- Select the first file to localize
- Select desired target languages
- (Optional) Add more files to localize in the project. Project->Add target...
- Import existing translations from Multilizer 5.x or 6.x project. File->Import...
- Choose "Import from other formats"
- Select MPR
- Continue as guided by the Import Wizard
The following features have been further developed in Multilizer. Check out these to get maximum benefit of the new productivity and quality features.
- Configure the way that Multilizer scans and builds files; select desired target and choose Project->Edit target...
- Ensure maximum re-use of old translations; configure Assisted Translation Expert so that it automatically suggests translations for any native string.
- Exclude strings that you don't need to localize;
- right-click a row, and choose from the exclude options there.
- right-click a node, and exclude multiple rows at once.
- fine-tune excludes, Project->Excluded strings...
- Mark strings as read-only, if needed.
- Run Quality Expert to detect possible issues.
- Use Productivity Expert to achieve higher translation consistency with less work.
Recap of new and improved features
- Localization Templates (File->New from template...); simplifies creation of new localization projects.
- Assisted Translation Expert for easier use of existing translations
- Exclude strings with wildcards
- Quality Expert; new validations and color codes in string grid for issues.
- Productivity Expert; more efficient propagation of translations.